Friday, March 20, 2009

Reviving "The Idea"

I received an email from a new reader today, asking me about my idea that I had back in February. She liked it, and wanted to be a part of it.

She's also the first one to have noticed it and spoken to me about it.

I've pushed it way back on the Gin Train because in truth, I don't think I can do it alone. As I've mentioned before, I'm really, really busy with my writing career right now. I have three WIPs I'm working on (Works In Progress) and a novella I'm editing for publication as well as a full-length romance I'm trying to sell to an Agent. All of this while keeping The Fibro Fight blog going and keeping up with my Fibro support systems. Did I mention I am home-schooling my 4 year old? I've bitten off the side of my house and I'm trying to chew it.

Being busy, though, keeps me from feeling sorry for myself. It keeps me from focusing on the negative aspects of my Fibromyalgia which in turn makes my Fibro feel better. Win/Win!

Okay so...what idea am I talking about?

In February I was discussing mourning the life we had. How I hated that term really and wanted everyone to turn their focus away from what they don't have anymore to what they could have.

"I thought about opening an online shop where other Fibro patients who crafted things at home, sewed clothes, made toys, made jewelry, etc could all come together and sell their wares while raising Fibro Awareness. I thought about Fibro Patients who don't craft, coming along and helping others at flea markets, state faires... as well as other venues by writing up pamphlets, baking goods, managing the online stores. I had this idea...but haven't acted on it yet because I've been busy with my writing but I haven't given up on it. Myself and other Fibro sufferers could really get this off the ground and make something out of it so we could travel, have fun, bring awareness about our condition, demand answers by being in the limelight."

That was a rough outline of my idea. Now, even though only one person has expressed an interest, I have a fire under my generous backside to give it a shot. It'll take me a while to get things up and running due to time restrictions but hey, I won't always be busy and I'll just have to schedule my time better.

YOU can help too.

Why would you want to? No matter what your angle, your level of expertise, your level of involvement, I can guarantee you that you'll feel better being involved in something that is "big picture" in the fight against Fibromyalgia ignorance.

You don't have to be a knitter, a toy maker, a jewelry designer to help.

We need lots of things to get started. People who want to help advertise, to recruit Fibro patients who ARE crafty and want to work from home, to help with design decisions, to help schedule events in different states, to keep up with The Fibro Fight roster, to keep up with the websites and blogs (facebook, myspace, twitter, etc).

There is SO much to do in order to get the idea off the ground that anyone involved will be kept busy.

Have an area of expertise (i.e. web design, marketing, a craft)? I'd love to hear from you.

You don't have to have Fibro to be involved either. If you have a loved one who has Fibro and just want to help you're just as welcome as Fibro Patients.

This is an idea in the infant stages. I have no idea if I can actually pull it off solo. But I know WE could.

If you're interested, send me an email at FibroHelper@gmail.com. If I get enough response we'll get cracking!

Tomorrow I'll be posting that promised list of Fibro Helping vitamins. Honest!

::Laughs::
Spread the word, My Friends, and as always...have a 98% day!
All my best,
Gin

**Disclaimer on all typos! I type too much to be accurate. ::wink::

No comments:

Post a Comment