Friday, May 8, 2009

The Yeast Of Our Problems

Yup! I've heard horror stories about trying to get rid of yeast. Some diets and the like to go on to "starve" the yeast out etc.

I can't really say I'm looking forward to going that far with this treatment to see if it helps my belly. But if I do...go that far...I'll let you all know how it goes.

Right now, I've only got a few more days of the chemical treatment and despite the last five days of feeling like crap, I'm doing a little better today. Is it a temporary rebound? I really hope not. LOL

Thanks, Shannon for your letter.

"Dear Gin,

I have a lot of yeast too and I tried a clenase the worked. Now I want to maintain and heard there are foods to avoid. Know of any?

Thanks,
Shannon"

I've heard a lot of different do's and don't's for food for a yeast sensitive person. I haven't tried any of them yet as this is my beginning week of yeast treatment.

I found this link helpful: http://www.formerfatguy.com/articles/candida-albicans.asp

In it, he breaks down food and what has yeast, then gives you some suggestions towards the bottom. Reading this list I shook my head. Everything I eat is on it. I eat so much of it that yeast should be growing out of my ears by now.

I think it is unreasonable to expect to go on the diet and not eat any yeast containing foods ever again. Instead, ween yourself off the foods with the highest yeast content. Or pick a few yeast eating habits to give up. By starving yourself of all carb foods, you will only put your body under great stress and more than likely end up with your face in a trough of batter, sucking down as much yeast as you can.

Make small changes until you can make big ones, and as always my friends, my greatest hopes are for you all to be 98% pain free, (but not by starving yourselves!)

Gin

No comments:

Post a Comment