Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What Works For Me.

I often talk about what works for me on certain loops and I get a lot of emails and messages asking me to clarify or why I take specific supplements.

Honestly, it is one of the reasons I created this blog. I LOVE questions, but if I could stop answering the "what are you on and why" question, I could get back to the others that take a little longer to answer.

The Vitamins:

Vitamin D (About 2000 IUs but some other people take 5000 IUs. Ask your doctor.) For bone, joint, and immune system help.

Vitamin C (500mg time release) Immune health.

Magnesium (500 mg) Magnesium helps heart health, migraines, bone and muscle pain. This IS the Fibro natural drug my friends. Make sure you're taking it!

Multi-vitamin (I prefer a vegan multi but I also like Alive* Whole Food Energizer. Anything that gives us more energy is a plus!)


The Supplements: (Also vitamins? I'm a bit fuzzy on the difference if there is one. These things that I take are not the average vitamin so I'm putting them in a separate list.)

Omega 3-6-9 (2 softgels daily) It promotes heart health and circulation.

Probiotics (8 billion Acidophilus and Bifidus) For stomach regulation. I took a lot of antibiotics and my stomach went crazy! I now have IBS. Yippy.

D-Ribose (1 scoop a day) D-Ribose is expensive but it is touted to help with muscle pain and stiffness and help you sleep! What isn't to like? It is also said to give you energy.

Acai Berry (1.5 scoops of Sambazon powder.) When I had no energy I heard about Monavie. I couldn't afford it so I had to try other alternatives. I found Sambazon and had a smoothie a day with it. I had a burst of energy that enabled me to start regular exercise sessions. I take it 3 times a week now though, as I seem to have developed a good source of energy without building a dependency. Acai berry mixed with blueberries and raspberries gives a great source of anti-oxidants which many studies suggest a lowering in cancer risk. Wooo...sign me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment