Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Here Comes The Sun!

I love that song. It has been in my head for the better part of the week.

"Here comes the sun,
here comes the sun,
and I say it's all right
Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun,
here comes the sun and I say it's all right
Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here Here comes the sun, here comes the sun and I say it's all right
Sun, Sun, Sun here it comes x5
Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun, and I say it's all right
It's all right "

Sing it with me!...and George Harrison. lol

So why is this song in my head?

Well, I've found an agent for my books. It is...party time! lol I'm very excited to have gone this far with my career despite it all.

And the other reason why I'm listening to this song? I've taken to walking my dog twice a day, and because of Fibro I have a sensitivity to the sun. A Sun Allergy.

It makes me itch, it gives me rashes and I burn within five minutes if I don't have sun screen on! I'm miserable, which brings me to my mail box:

"Dear Gin,
Hope you're okay (Thanks Barb!) sense I haven't seen you around lately. I wanted to ask you about sunburns and rashes. I have a boat and can only go on it a few times a year because of my skin. I remember you talked about your rash before. Any help would be awesome, thanks. barbara"

Yeah, I've been a bit busy and I'm so sorry. I can't be outside without sunscreen and even then I still burn. I have a bottle of 50 right now and I still burned.

My sister (at least I think it was my sister...thank you fibro fog) told me recently that she heard anything over 30 block is just for show. I don't know why that is, I'll have to do some research on it but I know that I didn't burn in the Las Vegas desert when I had 80 block on. So someone better tell me scientifically why I still burned wearing 50 while walking my puppy. I've seen 100 proof make the shelves these days but I haven't tried it. I'm very...very tempted to go buy some but if I remember correctly, it was expensive.

I go to the dermatologist on the 9th of July before my trip to see about the crazy rash I get on my upper torso and biceps. I'll ask about the sunscreen and report back to you all as usual.

Again, in case I didn't make it clear, I am so sorry for the long periods of absence. I've got a lot of work to do and little time to do it. After the RWA conference in July, I should have a little more time.

All my best wishes for 98% days My Wonderful, Supportive, Friends.
Gin

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are doing well with your books! It is hard for me too, juggling horses, dogs, and writing. Crazy.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The busier we keep ourselves, the better off we are and the less time we have to focus on our Fibro Symptoms. So I'm glad that you are busy! And keep writing!

    Best,
    Gin

    ReplyDelete