Sunday, August 16, 2009

Say No To New News

Hi!

How long has it been? A month? Wow. I feel like such a slacker. Honestly, though, I've received nothing new in the questions department that I haven't been able to direct to an archived post and of course, I've been busy trying to build my writing career. No easy feat for us FibroMates!

I have received material from the media and medical communities about new pharms arriving on the shelves, new tests whispered in the underground etc. and I've also been asked why I haven't posted these things here when other websites and blogs have "Fibro News" everywhere, all day, every day.

I'm just going to answer simply: I'll leave the iffy news to the website and blog updaters who need daily material. I don't post daily. I post when a question arises or I have something from personal experience to share. So, for me, in regards the the latest and greatest breaking news... I like to hang back until more tests are done outside of the pharm companies OR until I try this new drug or herb or crazy rumor and then either tout it or smack it down.

With my silence on these new drugs or herbs etc, I do not intend to discredit early research. I simply need something with more than a 20-30% success rate with an error % around the same % as the success rate.

But this does NOT mean I am not hopeful in these newfangled shiny Fibro things! I am keeping my ear to the ground and will report any amazing finds I...well...find!

All my best to you my dearest friends! I apologize if you felt I abandoned you. I'm here!

Email your questions to fibrohelper@gmail.com.

Gin

3 comments:

  1. Your blog posting philosophy is very similar to mine. In fact, I'm glad that a lot of the blogs I follow don't post daily because, frankly, I can't keep up on them that frequently. I catch up when time allows. You're busy, I'm busy - it works out better this way.

    Anyway, I just wanted to reassure you and let you know I'm still here. I know it can get lonely when nobody comments on your blog for a while. :)

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL

    Benia, you're a beautiful person, and thoughtful for letting me know you're still here. Most of my readers are emailers and comments are sparse. It does tend to give the "echo" impression doesn't it?

    I'm all aloooone!

    ::hugs::

    I hope you are feeling well!
    Best,
    Gin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you Gin,

    I post the same way, I just do not have the energy or time to read and write everything.

    And the medications, since none work on me, I do not feel I am qualified to give a valid statement. I am part of an upcoming trial with OHSU on Xyrem. I will keep everyone posted on that one.

    Cheers!

    Teia

    ReplyDelete