Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Medical Marijuana Alternative

As I jump through some strange hoops to find relief for my fall allergies/fibro flare-ups, I'm brought face to face with one of the last few things I've yet to try. Marijuana.

My fears? I'm a writer. I don't want to be out of my mind or sluggish, hungry, and kinda dumb. But the migraine's get so bad, I'd take all of that for a few hours of relief.

So here I am, clutching my Medical Marijuana send-off package with my 100.00 pay off check (I feel I should get a discount on) and ready to take the plunge. I'm also going back to my neurologist to see about these strange head twinges I get at night and to try pure oxygen to see if that can break 7 day migraines.

Pain killers simply don't work for me any more, and the side effects have now made it too dangerous for me to continue.

But there's light at the end of this tunnel I think.

Maybe I'll find Marijuana will work or maybe...just maybe the FDA will hurry along this new drug!

Here's the link:
http://io9.com/5643337/a-new-drug-that-kills-pain-like-marijuana-without-getting-you-stoned

Let's hope more of this type of medication is found to be helpful for pain sufferers of all types.

Hope you're all feeling well my friends!

Best,
Gin

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Gin, I just dropped in after eons of not reading any blogs. I would really like to know how the MM trial went. It is legal here in New Mexico,just not for fibro. I've wanted to try it, but I don't want to be buying from some untrustworthy source, let alone get caught at it. Plus, believe it or not, I don't want my kids to think that Mom's lost it completely. LOL One FB friend said it helped her get better sleep. Wouldn't I just love that!
    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curious to know how the MM worked for you? I was unable to smoke it without suffering from stupidity and anxiety. However, I have found some relief without side effects by ingesting it.

    ReplyDelete